The United States has a record or near record low levels of vaccine-preventable
diseases, but that does not mean these have disappeared. Many of the viruses and
bacteria are still circulating in this country or are only a plane ride away. That’s
why it’s important that individuals, especially infants and children, receive recommended
immunizations on time.
The Central Racine County Health Department provides vaccines to children and adults. Please see our brochures to view the all of the immunizations we provide. Also, please view eligibility requirements as they have changed for all local health departments.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provide recommended immunization
schedules for all age groups. Please visit the CDC website to see what immunization
you or your child may be due for.
Pediatric and adult immunizations are given by appointment only.
- Call 262-898-4460 for an appointment.
- Central Racine County Health Department
- 10005 Northwestern Ave, US Bank Building - 2nd Floor
- Franksville, WI 53126
- 1 vaccine - $10
- 2 vaccines - $15
- 3 or more vaccines - $20
- Badgercare/Medicaid: Fee exempt
*Excludes adult immunizations. Adult immunization prices vary by vaccine.
- According to 2012 policies set by Federal and State agencies, local health departments may only vaccinate people who are uninsured, underinsured (vaccinations not covered by health insurance), or on Medicaid/Badgercare. If vaccinations are covered by health insurance, you must go to your healthcare provider. If you meet eligibility requirements but cannot afford the cost, the administration fee may be waived. DTaP and Tdap vaccinations are currently available to all children and adults, regardless of insurance status, at a cost of only $10 per shot. Please note that the State may change this at any time.
Useful Links Regarding Immunizations
Vaccine Information for Travelers
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is an excellent source of information on travel vaccines, travel vaccine clinics, and current outbreak situations. Central Racine County Health Department does not have a specialized travel clinic. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/list
Travel immunizations are offered at the following sites in or near Racine County.
- Dr. Robert Gullberg, MD
- 3811 Spring Street #301
- Racine, WI 53405
- (262) 687-8310
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- International Travel Clinic
- 9200 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- Wauwatosa, WI 53226
- (414) 805-6679
- Waukesha Health Department
- 615 W. Moreland Blvd.
- Waukesha, WI 53188
- (262) 896-8430
Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Tests:
Tuberculosis (TB) skin tests are done by appointment only. Please call to schedule
an appointment. Cost is $15.00.